Conservation Agriculture Communities of Practice General Terms And Conditions
The African Conservation Tillage Network approaches promotion of Conservation Agriculture in Africa through Conservation Agriculture Communities of Practice (CA-CoP). The approach creates an opportunity to forge agenda towards having conservation agriculture aspects promoted and supported. The current CA-CoPs are listed below:
- Research & Academia
- CA equipment manufacturers, suppliers & service providers
- Farmers & farmer organizations
- Women & Youth in Agriculture
- Policy Support
- Agribusiness promotion
The purpose: The purpose of CA-CoPs is to provide a forum that enhances dialogue and actions on issues related to promotion of Conservation Agriculture in Africa.
Roles: The roles of the CA-CoPs are:
- Collect ,synthesize and disseminate information on Conservation agriculture
- Innovate mechanism to further develop conservation agriculture programmes/initiatives
- Lobbying and advocacy for promotion of enabling environment through policy change in support of Conservation Agriculture technologies in Africa
- Provide advice to stakeholders on strategy for promotion of conservation agriculture in Africa
- Engage in resource mobilization for support of investment plans in areas of Conservation agriculture in Africa
CoP Membership general terms & conditions:
- Members for CA-CoPs are determined during ACT membership registration.
- Each applicant to ACT membership chooses to join a particular CoP.
- CA-CoPs will meet occasionally to share experiences and sound practices emanating from the implementation and policies of Conservation Agriculture.
- Meetings for the CA-CoPs will be initially organized by the African Conservation Tillage Network secretariat.
- Members should be committed to support the community of practice existing and emerging initiatives towards furtherance of conservation agriculture agenda in Africa.
- ACT is committed to supporting the Conservation Agriculture communities of practice.